Monday, October 13, 2014

Frillie & Funkie Autumn Color Challenge

This is my first challenge, after collecting a lot of supplies over the past year from Linda's wonderful  Funkie Junkie Boutique !  The challenge is hosted by Frilly and Funkie blog .

Here is my card:


I used a Vantage embossing folder for the background, a Tim Holtz Thinlits die for the "grass" behind (from the 4 part Holiday Greenery set, 658759), the Tim Holtz Pumpkin Parts and Movers and Shapers Tattered Leaves for the leaves.

The leaves were embossed with a script folder , and then sprayed with the new Distress stains, as well as some Dylusion sprays, using Vivian Keh's Dousing method.




Then they were finished with Distress Crackle paint.



The pumpkin has the gold Distress stain as a finish (mopping up after spraying on the mat and burnishing).



The inside was cut with a Sizzix label die from a tag colored with mopped up distress gold and bronze stains on top of the leaf colors, placed on some natural fiber paper.


So glad I am finally using my stash!!  Thanks for visiting!



7 comments:

  1. Fantastic autumn design - hey I recognize your silicone mat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And what a fabulous way to start Lynn!!! LOVE the way you've coloured up those leaves. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogland, Lynn! So excited to see that you have started a blog and that our Frilly and Funkie challenge was the first one you entered! Your card is absolutely gorgeous. Love those leaves - they turned out beautiful. And I really like the way you used the Holiday Greens die as wheat shafts - that was brilliant. So delighted to have you playing along with us at Frilly and Funkie. Hope to see you again real soon!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo, congratulations Lynn, on being our Funkie Favorite for this challenge! What an amazing way to start. Can't wait to have you joining in more of our challenges.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I don't know what to say, except maybe "gulp"! :-) Truly, I am floored! Sue C. contacted me as well, so I will ask her for more details - I hope I have some time, since I want also to get going on your tag challenge this year.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on winning Lynn. Love you project and all your fabulous layers and detail. Welcome to blogging. I'm new to the DT so I look forward to your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the win. Giving me inspiration for my Thanksgiving cards. Don't have Tim's sprays... yet. But will use watered down ink stains to get the coloring done. thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Due to hacking, alas, all comments will be moderated by Experiments in Paper.